Filtering Your People
This lesson shows you how to filter your people on the People page. It also shows you how to send an email to a filtered group of people or how to drag property options onto your people to quickly assign them that option.
Two ways of filtering: 1 Filter by selecting information.
- You can filter by service by clicking the drop-down arrow and choosing a service. This will show you a filtered list of anyone who has ever been scheduled for that particular service before. This does not filter by custom property in any way- just by dates scheduled.
- You can filter by first or last name. If you only remember a first or last name, just enter that and click "Filter". It will bring up anyone in the system with that name.
- You can filter by Teams & theirPositions, if you are looking for a specific team or quality
- You can filter by the permission level of your volunteers. This will show you all people with the selected permission or higher.
- You can filter the by the date your volunteers had been added as a new person by using the "Created At" filter's From and To dates.
- You can filter the by the date your volunteers' profiles had been updated by using the "Updated At" filter's From and To dates.
- You can see disabled accounts by checking the box to "Show Disabled Accounts" and then clicking Filter.
2 Filter by Tag
- If you have many tags, you can organize them into folders, based on the plans page folders. The folder on the people page will default to whatever folder you are in on the plans page.
- Click a tag group to filter and show people assigned to any tag in that tag group.
- Hover over any tag group and click the "None" button to see people that are not assigned to any tag within that tag group. Clicking "Any" is the same as clicking the tag group heading.
- Click a tag to see people assigned to that specific option.
If you want to get more of a detailed filter, you can click on multiple Tag Groups or tags. Clicking multiple tag groups will use an 'AND' filter to show you people assigned to any tag within "Audio/Visual" AND "Choir Ministry". Clicking multiple tags within a tag groups will use an 'OR' filter to show you people assigned to "Altos" OR "Sopranos". Check out this lesson on how to create tags
You can now email your filtered list, or assign tags to them.
Assigning tags from the people page
To quickly assign tags to people, just click and drag the tag from the left sidebar and drop it on top of the person. After you drop it, the cell will briefly show you which tag was just assigned and will change the color of that person until you refresh the page.
A great use of this is to filter to all people that are NOT assigned to a tag, and then drag tags onto them. Hover over a tag group, click the "None" button (as detailed in point 3 above), and then drag options from that tag group onto the filtered people list.
To email people with a filtered list:
Once you have a filtered list, click 'email' and it will send an email to only those on the list you see.
Adding and Hiding People Columns
To customize what types of information you want to see on the People page:
- Hover over the column chooser at the top right
- Check the options you'd like to see in its own column. This only affects your personal view.