Filtering Your People
This lesson shows you how to filter your people on the People page. It also shows you how to send an email to a filtered group of people or how to drag property options onto your people to quickly assign them that option.
Two ways of filtering: 1) Filter by selecting information.
- You can filter by service by clicking the drop-down arrow and choosing a service. This will show you a filtered list of anyone who has ever been scheduled for that particular service before. This does not filter by custom property in any way- just by dates scheduled.
- You can filter by first or last name. If you only remember a first or last name, just enter that and click "Filter". It will bring up anyone in the system with that name.
- You can filter by Positions & Categories, if you are looking for a specific team or quality
- You can filter by the permission level of your volunteers. This will show you all people with the selected permission or higher.
- You can filter the by the date your volunteers had been added as a new person by using the "Created At" filter's From and To dates.
- You can filter the by the date your volunteers' profiles had been updated by using the "Updated At" filter's From and To dates.
- You can see disabled accounts by checking the box to "Show Disabled Accounts" and then clicking Filter.
2) Filter by Custom Property
- If you have many Custom Properties, you can organize them into folders, based on the folders on the plans page. The folder on the people page will default to whatever folder you are in on the plans page.
- Click a Property name to filter and show people assigned to any option in that property.
- Hover over any Property heading and click the "None" button to see people that are not assigned to any option within that property. Clicking "Any" is the same as clicking the Property heading.
- Click an Option to see people assigned to that specific option.
If you want to get more of a detailed filter, you can click on multiple Properties or Options. Clicking multiple Property headings will use an AND filter to show you people assigned to any option within "Instruments Played" AND "First Impressions". Clicking multiple Options within a Property will use an OR filter to show you people assigned to "Acoustic Guitar" OR "Piano". Check out this lesson on how to create Custom Properties
You can now email your filtered list, or assign properties to them.
Assigning Properties from the People Page
To quickly assign properties to people, just click and drag the property from the left sidebar and drop it on top of the person. After you drop it, the cell will briefly show you which property was just assigned and will change the color of that person until you refresh the page.
A great use of this is to filter to all people that are NOT assigned to a property, and then drag properties onto them. Hover over a property, click the "None" button (as detailed in point 3 above), and then drag options from that property onto the filtered people list.
To email people with a filtered list:
Once you have a filtered list, click 'email' and it will send an email to only those on the list you see.
Adding and Hiding People Columns
To customize what types of information you want to see on the People page:
- Hover over the column chooser at the top right
- Check the options you'd like to see in its own column. This only affects your personal view.